Production or Process Engineer
Responsible for evaluating and configuring manufacturing systems to improve efficiency, quality, sustainability, reduce cost, and develop best practices within the production process.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops innovative manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. .
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Manufacturing Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
Ideal candidate should have the following skill set:
Dealing with complexity, informing others, leadership, supervision, hardware specifications, manufacturing methods and procedures, manufacturing quality, product development, presenting technical information, CAD, CAD/CAM, and knowledge of other software applications. Familiar with SAP operating system. Strong in Lean Manufacturing procedures. Candidate should have an engineering degree, a degree in a similar field of study, or a minimum of five years’ experience leading research in a manufacturing setting.
All materials and information will be kept confidential.