Director of Finance/Manufacturing Accountant
The Director of Finance/Manufacturing Accountant will play a crucial role in manufacturing decisions while partnering directly with the Leadership Team under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the cost accounting, analysis, reporting and internal control coordination activities of the main production facility as well as supporting other accounting functions for any subsidiary as needed. This business partner is considered a key member of the leadership team and serves as the financial conscience of the company at large.
- Financial Support to the COO and staff.
- Assist in the development of the annual Operating Plan.
- Support development of material, labor, and overhead standards.
- Review and analyze monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports. Analyze variances to standard and work with others to understand the variances and identify improvement opportunities.
- Develop and analyze financial information for review with senior management.
- Review and assist in the development of capital processes and Capital Administration.
- Develop information to identify and monitor cost reduction opportunities.
- Assist in ensuring the reliability of inventory processes and records.
- Work closely with Manufacturing to analyze information, identify cost improvement opportunities, and support cost reductions. Establish internal controls and define the correct classification of costs.
- Be responsible for month end close and physical inventories.
- Work closely with intercompany partners on intercompany reconciliations.
- Prepare audit schedules and filing sales/use tax forms in multi-state environments.
- Oversee Risk Management and negotiate with the TPA and providers sufficient coverages to protect the Company.
- A Bachelor Degree in Accounting / Finance required with minimum 4-6 years’ experience in Financial or Manufacturing Accounting. An MBA in Finance/Preferred.
- ERP and data retrieval / analysis experience preferably with SAP.
- Advanced PC skills, including spreadsheets, database, statistical forecasting, and modeling.
- High level of customer attention and focus with appropriate discipline toward being the Financial Conscience of the company.
- Highly self-sufficient and knowledgeable to make decisions and serve as a resource for other accountants.
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meet deadlines, prioritize and perform self-review of work product for quality in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated organization skills with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to drive continuous improvement and ensure achievement of Company goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work extended hours during various times of the month/year.
- Ability to effectively foster positive working relationships.
- Ability to present themselves and their organization in an ethical and responsible way.
- Ability to manage being the clear liaison between the operational and the financial functions of the company.
- Ability to assist the site in simplifying Accounting or Financial processes.
Personal Traits and Skills
As a key member in the accounting department, the senior position will report to the COO. Successful Candidate should be highly motivated and be analytical thinkers, which allows them to work through complex problems in order to reach justifiable conclusions to support their team. Multitasking abilities are a necessary strength for this position, due to the fact that they will be wearing different job hats from day-to-day. Being a charismatic leader and having the ability to get along with others on the team will allow this person to be a very effective contributor to the Company.
At the senior level, accounting professionals have now polished their MS Excel skills and should be comfortable with more advanced functions including v-lookups, pivot tables, and possibly running macros. They should also be comfortable navigating through multiple ERP systems, the more sophisticated the better.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
All materials and information will be kept confidential.